Introduction

PRIMARQ Incorporated is an integrated capital market system that intermediates equity investing in owner occupied residential real estate between homebuyers and homeowners with a market of investors seeking to participate in home price movement. Rather than the traditional “single investor – single owner” proposition utilizing excessive mortgage debt financing, PRIMARQ envisions a deleveraged housing finance system where investor equity capital supplements a homeowner’s down payment, thereby reducing the amount of debt financing utilized, while sharing home price risk. This improves overall affordability and sustainable homeownership. As part of its model, PRIMARQ encompasses both primary and secondary investing and trading, wherein investors may at their discretion, sell their investments on a secondary basis within PRIMARQ, thereby not relying on the homeowner to sell or refinance his/her property to monetize the equity investor.


Our Strategy: The Company’s strategy is to redress the shortcomings and inherent risks of an over- leveraged housing finance model. Generally, the average homebuyer contributes approximately 14% in a down payment (equity), leaving 86% to be financed with some type of debt financing. Mortgage debt is generally structured to require monthly payments to amortize such loan, and entrance into the housing market is in large part based on a potential homebuyer’s ability to take on a level of debt. Debt is a fixed obligation, not adjusted for price levels, and in the case of default, the lender may exercise its creditor rights and foreclose on the property, which serves as collateral for the loan. We believe that a lower level of debt is appropriate, thereby reducing the monthly outflow, however this creates a gap in the funding that is needed for a typical acquisition. Thus, PRIMARQ believes equity financing, i.e., a source of funds provided by an investor seeking to participated in the home price movement as a return mechanism, should be broadly applied. Like in corporate finance, equity finance provides for shared risk and shared return, and for an asset such as housing, both volatile in value and illiquid, more equity capital need be applied. If the homebuyer cannot supply the equity, we view a unique opportunity for third party investors to do so, and enjoy participating passively in a significant asset class. Overall, new capital is availed in a critical industry, while reducing the financial risk for both homebuyer and lender.

MORE ABOUT PRIMARQ

PRIMARQ: The Next
Generation of
Housing Finance

Download Now

The PRIMARQ Overview
Housing Finance 3.0
2015

Download Now
Download Now

PRIMARQ: Enabling the American Dream

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Are you an Investor?

Download our Investor FAQs Sheet

Download FAQs

Are you a Financial Advisor?

Download our Financial Advisor FAQs Sheet

Download FAQs

Are you a Homebuyer or Homeowner?

Download our Homebuyer / Homeowner FAQ’s.

Download FAQs

Our Team

Steve Cinelli
Chairman &
Founder

+1 415.710.2700
stevec@primarq.com

Kenneth Herzberg
Senior Managing Director
Partnerships & Business Development
+1 917.848.7900
kenneth@primarq.com

John Trail
Chief Technology Officer
+1 570.484.8361
john@primarq.com

William P. Flynn
Insurance Strategies
+1 773.447.3667
bill@primarq.com

Kathryn Diamond
Senior Advisor
+1 650.208.0848
kathryn@primarq.com

Our Strategic Partners


    • Core Logic
    • First American
    • Morrison & Foerster
    • Bryn Mawr Trust
    • Deloitte

LATEST NEWS

16Apr

Massolution’s new report, 2015CF-RE Crowdfunding for Real Estate

Announcing the publication of Massolution’s new report, 2015CF-RE Crowdfunding for Real Estate. Over 150 pages of comprehensive data on...

15Apr

What Homebuyers Say About the Mortgage Shopping Process

By Qiang Cai & Sarah Shahdad FANNIE MAE Lessons from recent Fannie Mae acquisitions could give you an edge...

15Apr

More parents planning to help Millenials buy first home

By THOMAS MARTINEZ MANAGING EDITOR loanDepot A new loanDepot poll shows significant growth in the number of parents of...

27Mar

Shaky housing market about to get even shakier

Lynn Effinger – March 27, 2015 While there are certain housing markets that today boast record-setting listing and sales...

14Mar

Are we headed for another subprime lending crisis in the United States?

Tray Garrison March 14, 2015 The Motley Fool turns its eye toward subprime lending, that old devil, and asks...

10Mar

The U.S. homeownership rate is much worse than you think

Trey Garrison March 9, 2015 It’s well known that the homeownership rate is at a low point owing to...

Join our mailing list

SIGN UP AND RECEIVE UPDATES AS PRIMARQ MOVES FORWARD

HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? Please contact us.

Kenneth Herzberg

+1 917.848.7900